This session will consist of a panel of speakers addressing the ethical and scholarly issues concerning the presentation and publication of unprovenanced artifacts.The line-up appears to be:
Organized by Christine Thomas (University of California, Santa Barbara) and Daniel Schowalter (Carthage College).
The speakers are:
- Timothy Potts (Getty Museum)
- Roberta Mazza (University of Manchester)
- Michael Peppard (Fordham University)
- Douglas Boin (St. Louis University)
- David Trobisch (Green Collection)
I presume that somebody will ask Michael Peppard about the documentation over the Late Antique mosaics acquired by Fordham. Will there be some searching comments about recently surfaced papyri. And will Tim Potts elaborate on the 'Sumerian' statue acquired by the Kimbell?
- Cary Summers (Museum of the Bible).