- Do not be surprised if finds are made are made at an archaeological site featured in the Historic Environment Record.
- Take the appropriate digging and recording equipment with you.
- Remember to take some appropriate containers for any finds.
- Do not be afraid to ask for the exploration of a 'deposit' to be stopped so that it can excavated in an appropriate manner in order to preserve information.
- Make a plan so that a location can be secured if a major find is made and has to be left overnight.
It is becoming clear that significant information has been lost by the rushed removal of the coin hoard from its archaeological deposit.