|Figures identified with the Keros Haul in the Stern Collection|
Back in 2014 LM noted 5 Cycladic figures (or fragments of figures) that were identified as coming from the Keros Haul. They can be identified in P. Sotirakopoulou, The "Keros Hoard": myth or reality? Searching for the lost pieces of a puzzle (Athens: N.P. Goulandris Foundation - Museum of Cycladic Art, 2005) as:
- Keros 170: Stern 138. Attributed to the Karlsruhe/Woodner Sculptor.
- Keros 180: Stern 177. Attributed to the Copenhagen Sculptor.
- Keros 181: Stern 157. Attributed to the Copenhagen Sculptor.
- Keros 223: Stern 181. Getz-Gentle, PS pl. 30.
- Keros 242: Stern 111. Attributed to the Ashmolean Sculptor.
The Met first reached out to the Greek Ministry of Culture in June 2020, informing it that Stern had expressed an interest in showing and donated his collection to the American museum and was asking whether the Greek state was aware of its existence.