For those who enjoy a crime theme I recommend the latest Wallander episode, The Photographer, available (at least here in the UK) on the BBC iPlayer. Wallander is a Swedish detective created by Henning Mankell.
I cannot say more about the episode as it would spoil it. Readers of 'Looting Matters' will see why it is of interest.
Discussion of the archaeological ethics surrounding the collecting of antiquities and archaeological material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A volute-krater with a "tremendous provenance"
A volute-krater attributed to the Syriskos painter by J.R. Guy (see BAPD 44988) is said by Michael Padgett to have been found with a psykter...
-
Source: Sotheby's A marble head of Alexander the Great has been seized in New York (reported in " Judge Orders Return of Ancien...
-
Detail of the Sophilos dinos © David Gill The Sophilos dinos in the British Museum has been reconstructed from approximately 50 fragments. I...
-
Source: Hellenic Consulate General in New York In September 2025 a number of antiquities were seized from New York’s Metropolitan Museum of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment