Friday 28 December 2012

"Getting the message across"

Panel in Lincoln © David Gill
Roman Lincoln has played a significant part in my career. I can remember visiting the old City Museum as a child. The rows of finds inspired me to find out more (and I also came across Current Archaeology for the first time and have been a subscriber ever since!).

I was back in Lincoln for a conference this summer (to give a paper on the Aegean archaeologist Dr Winifred Lamb) and popped over to see the new museum ("The Collection"). At the heart of the displays were some panels explaining how material comes out of the ground.

I think that the caption (see in the displays) gets the message across.

Bookmark and Share so Your Real Friends Know that You Know

No comments:

The Stern Collection in New York: Cycladic or Cycladicising?

Courtesy of Christos Tsirogiannis There appears to be excitement about the display of 161 Cycladicising objects at New York's Metropolit...