We call on the Egyptian authorities to exercise their responsibilities to protect their country’s irreplaceable cultural heritage. At the same time, we call on United States and European law enforcement agencies to be on the alert over the next several months for the possible appearance of looted Egyptian antiquities at their borders.
The Lawyers' Committee for Cultural Heritage Preservation has issued the full text and the list of signatories has expanded to include:
- American Anthropological Association
- American Institute for Conservation
- Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD)
- Friends of Cultural Heritage (Turkey)
- International Association for Art Research
- Sino-American Field School of Archaeology