Looking forward to seminar on Cycladic figures in Cambridge tomorrow: value, forgeries, Keros, returns https://t.co/2ZPoS12ybf pic.twitter.com/eqMAJ5JTzW— David Gill (@davidwjgill) February 8, 2017
I will be presenting a seminar on Cycladic figures to the Aegean Archaeology Seminar in Cambridge on Thursday 9 February. I am taking as my themes:
- Responses to Gill and Chippindale on Cycladic figures (published in the American Journal of Archaeology)
- The value of Cycladic figures sold on the antiquities market in London and New York since 2000
- The Keros Haul (and why it is not a hoard)
- The return of the Karlsruhe figure and the 'inadequate sculptors'
- Forgeries of Cycladic figures
- The wider implications for and the application to classical archaeology