Looting Matters has changed its colour scheme as some colour blind readers were unable to spot the hyperlinks. I must apologise to them.
The first reaction since the change to a blue scheme seems to be positive, but I would welcome comments about the choice of colours.
Image
Messenia © David Gill.
Discussion of the archaeological ethics surrounding the collecting of antiquities and archaeological material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A volute-krater with a "tremendous provenance"
A volute-krater attributed to the Syriskos painter by J.R. Guy (see BAPD 44988) is said by Michael Padgett to have been found with a psykter...
-
Source: Sotheby's A marble head of Alexander the Great has been seized in New York (reported in " Judge Orders Return of Ancien...
-
Detail of the Sophilos dinos © David Gill The Sophilos dinos in the British Museum has been reconstructed from approximately 50 fragments. I...
-
Source: Hellenic Consulate General in New York In September 2025 a number of antiquities were seized from New York’s Metropolitan Museum of ...

1 comment:
David
In the little I remember of UI guidelines that I have read, I seem to recall that it's not wise to use one visual cue alone.
I know it looks ugly (not to say so 1986), but underlined hyperlinks and colour might help.
Chris
P.S. Great blog BTW! Not in my direct field of interest, but fascinating nonetheless. Who says Arts and Humanities are not important!
Post a Comment