Earlier this month (April 12) I contacted the Home Office about the sale of the assets from Robin Symes. I received this statement: "The matters you have raised are the responsibility of the Ministry of the Justice".
I spoke to the Home Office yesterday and it appears that this information was incorrect. The Ministry of Justice is not dealing with the assets ... it is the Home Office.
Discussion of the archaeological ethics surrounding the collecting of antiquities and archaeological material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A volute-krater with a "tremendous provenance"
A volute-krater attributed to the Syriskos painter by J.R. Guy (see BAPD 44988) is said by Michael Padgett to have been found with a psykter...
-
Source: Sotheby's A marble head of Alexander the Great has been seized in New York (reported in " Judge Orders Return of Ancien...
-
Detail of the Sophilos dinos © David Gill The Sophilos dinos in the British Museum has been reconstructed from approximately 50 fragments. I...
-
Source: Hellenic Consulate General in New York In September 2025 a number of antiquities were seized from New York’s Metropolitan Museum of ...
1 comment:
Ah, the runaround. Exactly what happened back in 2003 when Renfrew et. al. tried to get a response from the FCO. They were/are MPs, and they got shuffled too, so you should not feel particularly dissed.
Post a Comment